Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wednesday

Finally it's the 9th and time to take Lars the car to Frank the mechanic! Hopefully he will be able to find out what's wrong and fix Lars up so he doesn't do any more unexpected stopping in the middle of roundabouts. That was a little fraught.

Since Lars was due with Frank at 8 and I wasn't sure if he would make the trip without stopping, I decided to go in early so there would be time to call a tow-truck if necessary. The I walked back to Zarraffas at Nerang where M and S could collect me - as I am going along with them today on their usual Wednesday activities: breakfast at Ferry Road markets (fresh rolls, coffee and jams from home) before going off to Bingo at the Southport RSL Club. We weren't the only ones there - we seem to be following the Queensland Premier around or maybe he's following us because he was in the room next to Bingo, doing a press conference - something about the RSL. E and M were the only ones at our table to be "Winners Are Grinners" but I did get a couple of clips of M at Bingo for the Russians which was another reason I wanted to go with them.

F was out and about today too and he texted while we were at Bingo to see if we had plans for lunch because he would join us. I was a bit stunned at the next bit because I had suggested Yum Cha and within a couple of minutes F had texted again suggesting we go to ... Yum Cha. What's that they say about "great minds" although in this case it might just be people who don't often get to go out with a group for lunch - Yum Cha isn't very much fun if you're by yourself! Or when it's confirmed that the $74 million Lotto prize went to three winners - none of them us. It's a shame really because F had big plans for that prizemoney!

Frank thinks he has diagnosed Lars' problem. One if the most irritating things about Lars' condition is that I haven't been able to replicate it with the mechanic - and while I know he believes there is an issue, it was going to help him if he coukd see and hea it happening, Well, Frank did experience it this morning - which strengthens my theory that it is something that happens when Lars has been running for a while (the drive from Latimers to Nerang) and sits for a while and then is started. But diagnosis is not yet fixing and he's had to order in some parts - so Lars should come home tomorrow.

Emma is not too well this evening. She is becoming increasingly frail and is having trouble walking. I gave her some ice cream - she used to love it and she certainly hasn't lost the taste for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment