Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tuesday

It has been a fair while coming (it's been three whole months - a quarter of a year - since M's birthday on 29 February) but finally it's "A Night At The Opera" for M and S. They left at 4:30 this afternoon to drive up to Brisbane, leaving me in charge of feeding and medicating those furries that are this evening. This is new for me because usually it is M or S who does it since I am "the morning shift". The hardest part was keeping everyone away from everyone else's dinner - and considering they all had exactly the same flavours on their plates (although in different quantities) why they would want to eat anyone else's was a bit puzzling to me. But never mind, that was the way they wanted to play it and since I'm just the temp, I let them do whatever they wanted - except muscling each other out of the way! Tink only left her plate when she had had enough, not when Beazley and/or Maggie wanted her to vacate.

It was odd, though, because I had the house to myself for the evening with them. The only other time I've been "home alone" I think is when I've not been well and I've just curled up in bed and gone to sleep. But not tonight! I bet I will have those ratings people wondering with the programs I watched this evening - The Brady Bunch, The Simpsons, Modern Family, one scene from Bikie Wars (I was channel surfing and couldn't believe what I was seeing!!!! or that I had chanced upon what they had announced at the start of the show as the "one sex scene"), some of The Big Bang Theory, a little of Everyone Loves Raymond, Get Smart, MasterChef ... and I think there was something else but I can't remember. I know that for some of it - when Beazley was sitting on my lap and I couldn't move (how is it that cats manage to drill into you with one paw with all their weight!) I couldn't reach the remote so couldn't move on ... but when I could I did do a bit of surfing up and down the channels looking for anything I wanted to watch (which wasn't a lifestyle program). And I did my surfing on the television channels - staying well away from Austar in case S had set programs to record.

Even though S declared it "wild and woolley out there" this morning, it wasn't too bad today but it did start raining very gently this afternoon and a little more heavily this evening - which could be one of the reasons the furries didn't mind coming in early for lockdown - although I did let Beazley out as I was going to bed (before M and S arrived home) because he wanted to. I sent S a text letting her know he was out - so they wouldn't trip over him in the dark - and that the others were in - so they wouldn't let them out when they let themselves in. In this interchange, I found out that they had enjoyed the evening, including dinner with Sy (whose birthday was yesterday).

No comments:

Post a Comment