Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saturday

S and I had breakfast at the Coffee Club at Robina (there were no shootings today), where we were joined by M who had toast and tea with S as I went off to SpecSavers. Both S and I were booked in for eye tests including digital retinal photography - the main reason I was there because my doctor wanted me to have it done to make sure there were no problems. It is much easier than it used to be. It usually requires pupil dilation but they have new technology which means pupil dilation is only necessary sometimes. Both S and I were fine without the dilation - which is just as well because by the time we were done, we didn't really want to hang around until I was right to drive - we did have a plan though - if we needed to we were going to see a movie before going home. But it was good that we didn't need to.

Back at home, we settled in for a quiet afternoon - and it was a nice change at the end of the week. I wanted to catch up with some television viewing (The River, Glee) and with some writing - it has been too long since I had a decent writing session.

It's good to have Pearl home although it was a bit sad to see her, with big puppy dog eyes, waiting for someone - okay, let's not kid ourselves - it was M she was waiting for! - when we drove in ... and she didn't have that long to wait. And today there could be no suggestion that we weren't at the right place - there was a big sign on the front of Latimers with the street number. M had had the sign made, collected it yesterday and put it up after we left this morning.

M is still not totally well so she spent the afternoon lying low and even though she suggested she was going out tonight, I don't think she was really serious about it. Saturday night is a good television night and we settled in to watch New Tricks. Wasn't S surprised that I correctly identified an undercover police officer!?! To tell the truth, I was as well. Whitechapel looked a bit scary for me so I left them to it and went back to The River (billed as Action, Thriller, Horror - and it was because after everyone else had gone to bed, I decided I couldn't watch it at night with no-one else around).

No comments:

Post a Comment