Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday - comes around fast

Sleep in? Don't mind if I do - even though I hadn't planned to - but on some level I must have wanted to because when I gave Tinka her shot at 5:30, and crawled back into bed, I didn't set an alarm. The first noise I heard after that was the phone ringing - a telemarketer for the Leukemia Door Knock. S was very nice to them as she said "no" and wished them well in the campaign. I'm not sure if she asked them if they were in "green" - on target for the day.

Aqua

The next noise was S's phone which was harder to ignore. But since it was 9:45 at that stage, it was definitely time to be on the move. I tried to tell that to Tinka who was still in bed with me - but she wasn't at all interested. But then, she wasn't taking S to Aqua either!

EE and ER graciously agreed to come to Aqua as well and they looked totally comfortable and, especially during the warm down, at peace in the pool.

After Aqua, we were going to Ferry Road to get some bread for lunch; which then became get the bread and have a coffee; which then became have lunch and a coffee. It was good though ... and afterwards EE and ER took themselves off and had a very successful shopping trip at (Kathmandu one of their favourite stores, as is Anaconda ... there might be a theme happening here!)

N - back from arguing a point

It wasn't our best outing at Trivia tonight. We didn't even make it onto the Podium let alone come first. St and Fl would put it down to the wrong choice of bonus rounds - and yes "This and That" was less than kind to us tonight... but as S says, if we're finding it difficult, everyone else will be too ... but possibly not given our score in the mid-60s as opposed to others in the 70s tonight! But it is fantastic that Craig is back. He was missed!

EE and ER decided to give Trivia a miss tonight - they were working on their travel plans instead - especially since they now know Armidale is due to have some very, very cold nights - which is okay if you're holed up in a warm place but not so much if you're in a mobile home watching, waiting for the windows to freeze over! And it certainly is getting cooler here at Latimers - there was a thick fog hanging over the Valley tonight - spectacular ... but not as spectacular as this morning's double rainbow over the stables at the end of the lane. (I missed it thanks to my sleep-in but everyone else saw and enjoyed it.)

It is still raining at Latimers - the tank is filling, the grass is growing, and down on the main road, the bitumen is disintegrating. Luckily they were working on it tonight - taking up sections of the road and relaying the surface rather than just filling in the rain holes. Hopefully it will hold for longer than tomorrow - and that any one coming along that road will notice the flashing lights of the roadworks before they're right on top of them.

I had forgotten how much fun doing the cat litter trays could be. With M away (she is staying with Mouse tonight as EE and ER are still with us and one of them is staying in her room), I have taken over some of the furries duties: I do Tinka's shot and breakfasts in the morning, S does the evenings, and I do the trays and the Pearl walking.

The good news is that I remembered to take the rubbish up to the road this evening; the bad news is that the occy strap we use for securing the bin to the anchor points in the boot didn't make it. I ended up using a dog lead I found in the garage and that did work but it was a fairly anxious trip - the last thing I wanted to be doing was picking up rubbish strewn up the lane if the rig failed. So, to be on the safe side, I took it up first - before we were due to leave for Trivia - that way I wouldn't be working to a time imperative as well!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment