Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wednesday ... still raining!

The rain came again today so it was another day with no mowing at Latimers.  And even if it had been fine and dry, it may not have been a mowing day because it is Wednesday which makes it Bingo Day! Neither S nor I could make it to Bingo today though - she was working and I was meeting J over at Robina so the timing was just not going to work - especially as J was delayed at her previous appointment. But the good news is that I got to go shopping with J and R - R was after a pair of red pants and some red shoes - and then she needed some new tops to go with them.  Hmmm ... I wonder who hates clothes shopping more - J or I?

But back to the Bingo!  There was a winner on the table today!  Em shared a Noah's Ark - although if she had been a tad quicker, or the caller a tad slower, she would have "won' outright. Those PET machines can be a bit confusing when you're one-off in multiple games!

M made an early trip to Aldi this morning because she wanted to buy one of the "weekly" specials for Pearl. It's a heated dog bed ... which I have a feeling will become a favourite for all the furries!

S had another bad night last night - broken sleep; painkillers - it just doesn't give her the chance to have a decent rest. She's off to the Doc's on Friday, for something else, so hopefully he'll be able to help her with that too!

It was another day of me not getting to the (now not-so-new-man) Star Trek movie. I almost took myself off (I know, I know, I have to find out if An and M still want to go) but at 129 minutes, I just couldn't work out how to fit it in.  Tomorrow looks the same at this point!  

But I did manage to mostly read a book today, Just Between Us, which S and I heard being discussed on ABC's Life Matters. It was interesting - about female friendships: I was surprised by the contribution I liked the best - a fiction piece by Merridy Eastman, To clear the air, from Helena to Hermia, set against the backdrop of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, or more correctly, "an email sent ... some three weeks after the play ends". See, I told you it was raining!

S, still in pain, didn't make it to Aqua tonight, but M did (how good is she!) and 10 or so others - so the pool was "crowded".  

Hermes looks incredibly handsome in his new jacket - dark blue ... does it match his eyes I wonder?  Do horses have different coloured eyes (from other horses, not from each other).  I'll have to go have a look ...

No comments:

Post a Comment