Sunday, May 5, 2013

Saturday

Just as S's alarm started sounding this morning she started screaming... she had a cramp in her leg and as I tried to massage it away (alas, fairly unsuccessfully) M fetched a magnesium tablet for S to chew on ... that's supposed to make the cramp go away - and it did. As it turned out, as S told me later, when M was trying to get her to chew the magnesium, she thought M was trying to give her Tinka's insulin shot ... S obviously wasn't totally awake yet.

In the end, S didn't go Deep Water Running but M did take herself off. Hopefully the pool is heated now because by all reports (those who went last week), it's starting to get chilly in there.

Breakfast this morning was at Cafe Alfons on Chevron Island. We haven't been there before but lots of other people have - as evidenced by it being full every time anyone drives past. And now we know why ... it wasn't bad at all. I'd definitely go back although next time I won't ask for half-strength coffee. I would have the classic breakfast again - that's if I didn't try something else because everything on the menu looked great - on paper and when the others ordered them; we were six - S, M, Sy, An, Mouse and I - so there was a good variety of dishes on the table.

Afterwards I took S to Spotlight so she could get some more knitting needles (and yarn) since one of them didn't make it back from the Sunshine Coast. Hopefully it's not hiding in Je's car, or anywhere else, waiting to ambush someone.

Then it was home again where I finally made it back onto ROM and managed to mow most of the yard before it got too dark. It was great to be mowing again and while I'm not as good at getting into the edges as M is, I was fairly happy with the job - but not as happy as the birds who swooped onto the lawn to harvest the newly-exposed bug life. Dinner!

We had a quiet night in - as did M ... and it turned into television night with all of us watching something different - S was watching "Clean Houses"; M "Person of Interest", and me "Perception". Thank goodness for iPads! Tink wanted to get in on the act too but she had to wait until everyone else was in bed before she could wrest control of the remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment