Friday, May 17, 2013

Thursday and Beenleigh

I met J for breakfast in Beenleigh this morning. I think this is the first time I've been there - and I may not have made it there at all had I followed J's direction to leave the Motorway at Exit 63. She was close - it was actually Exit 35 ... but even with that, Gomez, the GPS, made sure I arrived there. Yes, I was a little early but it was new territory for me and I would rather get there a bit earlier rather than panic because I'm running late. In any case, I had time to have some coffee and do some reading before she arrived. We were there (Beenleigh) because her car is due for its 30k km service and hopefully the car was ready when she returned for it ... "will they ring you when it's done?" I asked, and she said they hadn't last time so she would just wander over and see how they were going. Yes, they certainly do some things differently in the not-so-Big-Smoke!

When I called S to see what was happening back at home, she told me that she and M were out to breakfast. After that, it was Bunnings so S could get some more plants; and M got some 0ccy straps to replace the ones from the rubbish bins.

D came today to do mowing and some weed-whacking. We knew it was cold when he went to get a jumper. He was right to be (cold) of course because just over the last few days the weather has turned more than a little chilly. S, wonderful person that she is, has put the Mars/Venus Winter Doona on the bed - possibly because she has noticed me putting my feet under Tinka during the night trying to keep them warm.

Tinka on the horse rug

I had a small computer setback today but it was a good opportunity to see what was on the machine. Luckily the new drivers I had installed survived the refresh! Ah well, it was a chance to revisit which programs I had stripped off the G6 to increase the start-up speed - and the good news is that I can now do it all again!

L's horses have been moved around in the paddocks again ... it's hard to keep track of them sometimes. Unfortunately the moves are because of some injuries - Lottie has a cut on her face (they're not sure how she got it) and I think I heard Holly had something wrong with her hoof.

Closer to home, Hermes has a new rain rug - and the cats are taking turns sitting on Hermes' other rugs that the girls have been leaving out the back for M to wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment