Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday - did someone say "Bingo"?

At some point yesterday, and I can't remember who or where, someone said "Bingo" to me ... and on the basis of that I decided to join the girls for Bingo again. When I say "the girls", I mean Em, An, M (not the musician) and Mouse because S was off at work with Je again ... so I took her seat! And it was a good decision because during the first half I managed to get a Full House! It was very exciting when my PET machine beeped ... and then, when a couple of calls later, my final number came up. Unfortunately, though, I was the only one to have luck at our table ... but at least I was able to contribute to the Kitty - so I was very pleased about that.

An was there, still nursing her sore hand, but it does seem to be giving her less trouble - and she is getting much better with playing her PET machine with her left hand. It is amazing how versatile we can be - as long as we have a bit of practice. An was saying she can even sign her name with her left hand now!

It was a fairly full morning! We left M at home while I took S out to breakfast and then dropped her at work over in Ashmore. There is so much more of the Gold Coast I am getting to see since she started working with Je! Then, it was back to Nerang for a cup of coffee with J ... we had chosen here because someone from our high school years is here on a Tues/Wed/Thurs morning - or is supposed to be, because she was nowhere to be seen this morning! Ah well, hopefully we'll have better luck next time. But it was good to catch up with J and find out how things are going up her way ... and it would be better if she had good news but it seems the struggle for control is ongoing and will not be quickly resolved ... that's what you get when you get teenagers and someone who is a tad older and used to things being the ways they were "in my day" in the same household. She's not quite sure how or when it will resolve at this stage ... but she seems to think that a "weekly whinge" will help her stay sane until it does! I guess when it comes down to it ... that's what friends are for!

It's raining here today (they were right about cloud cover because there is that too). It has given it a very grey, winter's day feel and I noted that I was the only one sitting in the outdoors area at Maccas as I waited for Je to drop S off. It will be interesting to know if the rainwater tank is filled again yet but I suppose since we're not on it at the moment, it's something we don't need to worry about straight away.

M thought Jungle John was coming earlier this week - he's supposed to come every fortnight now - but he hasn't been sighted yet. I haven't thrown out the note she left the other day about what she wanted done when he did come. She did see Ka this morning though and apparently had a good catch-up with her.

S was not a starter for Aqua again tonight - she's been in pain again but hopefully she'll be back on deck (and in the pool) next week.

I watched the final episode of Grimm (Season 2) this evening and it is a cliffhanger. At the end the usual "TO BE CONTINUED ..." flashed up on the screen, and then, quite uncharacteristically "OH COME ON, YOU KNEW THIS WAS COMING" - and yes, I did but only in the last few minutes when I realised ... that I can't say anymore without doing spoilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment