Monday, February 3, 2014

Friday 31 January

Pearl and I had a great walk this morning. She certainly has more energy these days and while M might race her up the lane and back, Pearl knows that if we were to do that, she would win every time.

How did it get to be the last day of the working week so quickly. I'm not ready for it yet - but anything not done today just has to wait until next week -which, scarily, is already February. Where has the year gone?

I made a quick trip at the Q Centre this afternoon to pick up some Hainan Chicken for Sooz for dinner and (and this was a mistake) Honey Chicken for me.

Sooz showed M and I a clip Mal had sent through today. It was a very focussed 5-year-old whose special subject had been "US Presidents" - and when he was interviewed the first time, he had met Al Gore. This time his special subject was Countries. He was good ... very good. Sooz was telling us that that was what she was like when she was 5 - she and her "cousin" Rodney would compete with countries and capitals!

I am enjoying the book I'm reading now ... The Atlantis Gene. I'm reading it on the Kindle app on the iPhone and iPad and I was surprised to see today that it shows you how much longer it will take you to read the book ... or the chapter you're on. Where on earth and I going to find the 3+hours left to finish reading it in the next few days?

No comments:

Post a Comment