Friday, February 7, 2014

Wednesday 5 February

"Did you have a day off yesterday" he asked when I arrived at Maccas. "How did you know?" "Because you weren't here." Which is a shame because I'm sure there would have been some good captioning then as well. I only caught two small samples from Today (or was it Sunrise?):

  • Left the man paralysed from the baft down.
  • Boot root on your burger

The big excitement today was when I was trying to work out which way to put labels in the photocopier. An easy enough task you might think - except it proved to be more difficult than I could have imagined. I wrote UP on a piece of paper in the bypass tray - and sent it through just as I realised I hadn't put anything to be copied on the glass. Not to worry - I could send it through again. But the strangest thing happened - when the piece of paper came out ... my "UP" was gone. I checked both sides (more than a couple of times) and checked to see if my piece was stuck in the copier somewhere ... but no! I did it again ... same result - although this time I did remember to put my Maccas coffee card in to copy. When I realised what happened - I couldn't help but laugh. I had written my "UP" with my Frixion (erasable) pen - and the heat from the copier had done what the eraser does - applied enough heat to erase it. Hmmm. I called AC over to show her ... and then announced it wasn't gone forever ... and put it in the freezer for a couple of seconds and ... viola ... words came back. (Note that I said that WAS the big excitement for the day!).

I don't think the others had much more ... oh, no, wait ... they did. The power went off at home which meant they were facing bottled Spring Water sponge baths - because the water pumps don't work if the power is off. Kath, arrived in the middle of the outage, which meant her hands were tied as far a clean was concerned, so she turned around and went off to do Le's first this time. Luckily, the power did come back on before the girls had to leave and they managed a real shower - and Kath must have started back as soon as she heard it was back on because she wasn't at home when the girls arrived back this afternoon.

Mouse, M and Sooz (and Em this time) enjoyed their usual Wednesday Brekkie and Bingo (but not Aqua this morning as it was not pleasant weather). M was the only Winner and Grinner today - she shared a Full House but had a Line to herself ... so the lunch kitty is looking pretty flush now.

We are all missing Pearl who will be in with Mouse for a few days yet ... and Mouse was even saying that she thought the Russian boys might like to have Pearl around to play with. Ah well, we have the cats to keep us company ... but, you know, it just isn't the same without Pearl.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment