Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tuesday 11 February

Speed skating was on the television at Maccas this morning ... and I couldn't help but think of Steve Bradbury (one of the commentators) and his Gold Medal win in the last Olympics! As someone had said the other day ... oh wait, it was him on 92.5 Gold FM, he may have won by being in the right place at the right time, but he still had to get into the Olympic Final to be there!

The wig at work.

Work was busy today - especially since there had been a "Night" last night - and some of the boys were still a bit weary. Ia was one of them and at one stage came out of his office, spied something on the floor and proclaimed "my wig" and put it on. He was actually quite fetching (in a way).

M sent the Russians off on an extreme boat ride today ... hopefully the boys enjoyed it. It's something I've watched with interest from the shore, but it holds little attraction. They went off to SeaWorld yesterday - I haven't spoken with M so I don't know if they managed to get in some time with the polar bear cub ... he's not out all the time (the bears are in an "open" exhibit - which means they can go "backstage" whenever they want) so you sometimes have to visit Polar Bear Shores sometimes a few times to get to see him. It's well worth it though.

Pearl is still staying in with Mouse - and Sooz and I were saying tonight how much we miss her when she's not around. Part of that is because Sooz has such a low startle reflex ... and when I arrived home this afternoon, she didn't hear the car, and when I said hello to her from the corner of the house, it scared her. If Pearl had been there, said Sooz, she would have barked and she would have known. Fair enough. I just have to keep this more in mind ... and ring from the car, or whistle as I approach. Of course, as far as Pearl being away is concerned, neither of us minds not having to distract her when the cats are having their meals. Pearl can be very quiet, and very sneaking, when she's a mind to ... and that's usually when there's food involved.

Maggie was a great help tonight in making M's bed - actually putting the doona cover on - that would be Sooz and I, not Maggie, although she was right in the thick of it. At one point I thought she was going to jump into the cover with the Doona, but at the last moment she didn't. She settled down on top of it as soon as we were done though ... while Tinka came in with me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment