Thursday, February 6, 2014

Monday 3 February

Another wildlife sighting! Sooz spotted a kangaroo in the cow paddock across the road (the same one with the sign about not releasing snakes there) on the way in to Trivia this evening. I wished I could have looked, but I was keeping my eyes firmly on the road in case other wildlife jumped out at us ... or perhaps a car coming in the other direction.

Even though we didn't have An with us for Trivia again tonight (I wonder if they are still battling snakes down at Palmers), we did manage to put in a reasonable showing and even though they misreported our score at the end of the day and were hesitant to give us England for Great Britain, we came in on the Podium - in second place. It's nice to be back there ... not just for the kudos but also for the voucher ($30 this time) and the entry into the big cash draw! Oh, and the Meat Tray that Sooz won in the raffle before Trivia. I can feel a BBQ coming on.

Ni had baked again today - even though she is back at school - and while I didn't think I would like ricotta cake, I was wrong and gleefully had seconds - and then watched as St cut off smaller and smaller halves so he wouldn't take the "last" piece.

Not Devil's Peak

I haven't yet had any responses to my call for "have you seen this landmark" - following Wa's trip between Kyogle (NSW) and Warwick (Qld) where he seems to have travelled roads which prefer not to be travelled ("These roads destroy tyres"). He took a photo of the landmark - which will be familiar to anyone who has seen Close Encounters - while it looks a lot like the Devil's Peak featured in mashed potato and in the movie (and who for a moment thought that that was a real landmark?), it differs a little bit, and, as we tried to assure him, we're pretty sure that they didn't film the movie here in Australia. I'm considering ways of finding out what his landmark is though, and I think Sooz's brother Mi might be the best bet in the short term as he has travelled a bit in that part of the world. Otherwise ... well, they still do topographical maps don't they?

M went off tonight to see Last Vegas which she said she really enjoyed. The writing is good with some fantastic one-liners and she recommended that we see it as soon as it hits the cinemas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment