Monday, February 10, 2014

Sunday 9 February 2014

Kyogle morning

I can't help but hope that Mouse and the Russians caught the Opening Ceremony last night. I definitely stayed up a tad too late watching. It was good ... obviously too good - and by the time I crawled out of bed this morning, I was ready for another quick kip before I showered and got ready to go "down the town" so I could make the call to Tr where it wouldn't disturb Sooz, and where I'd get the bonus of a cup of coffee. Just as well I knew the barista at the cafe was having a lend of me when she asked "where's the hat" because she had noticed I had arrived in good ol' Lars - and we do keep a hat on the back ledge - but for decoration purposes only - and because some others drivers expect it. Do I drive like a Volvo driver? Hmmmm. You'd have to ask someone else.

Channon Chooks

Breakfast was good ... we'd had mince pies for dessert for dinner last night (Christmas) and Easter (hot cross buns) for breakfast today. I guess that means we're officially between seasons!

Psychic on patrol

It didn't seem to bother the crowds at The Channon Markets though. There were all manner and make of things there. If they don't have it ... nobody probably wanted it. I wasn't planning to buy anything but when I saw the multi-coloured leather satchel, I couldn't resist.

Everyone was extremely careful of where they were walking in the car park - which is a cow paddock the rest of the time.

Flat out at the Markets

The good news was that we went the other way to The Channon Markets this time - and I finally saw Nimbin. We were going to stop on the way back to have a walk around (and probably be disappointed when we weren't offered some hash cookies or something) but we ran out of time - and had to have the car and the kids back so Chau could do the weekly shop. She usually goes into Lismore looking for bargains rather than staying in Kyogle.

Tumbulgum was good too ... Sooz and I stopped there on the way back to Latimers and had a late lunch of fish and chips as we watched the water, the boats, and the ramp activity. We were also stunned by the mark showing the 1954 (?) flood levels - which would have had us underwater.

M has mowed the front section of the yard sometime over the last couple of days - but hadn't managed the back section (I think she's planning to do that tomorrow). Sooz was funny though - she commented that the grass out the back had already grown a lot again - not realising it had not yet been mowed this time.

Pearl is still staying in with Mouse - but the feline furries were there to greet us (they did look up!).

M spent the day at Wet'n'Wild with the Russians and she was still out by the time I left Sooz to "lockdown" the animals and I took myself to bed so we can be ready to do it all again tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment