Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tuesday 25 February

Pearl was a bit stiff this morning so I didn't take her down the lane with me - but I did let M know so she can keep an eye on her. Hopefully it is just her arthritis playing up with the rain - although it would be better if she didn't have it at all. It was good too because the rain was a bit off and on this morning - and I wouldn't have wanted either Pearl or I to be caught in it (especially since I was wearing a freshly-ironed shirt - thanks Sooz!)

Ly was back at Maccas this morning. She's been away for the last couple of weeks on doctor's orders so it was good to see her back - even though she had told Jo she was perfectly well enough to come back last week. When Jo told me that last week, she accompanied it with what I think of as a wry smile.

Anyway, LY is back and what was taking three people (working the McCafe section) is now back to the two of them - and I think they both like it that way. It's good Ly is back though because her kneeling tall on a stool is the remote control for the TV with the captions!

I am missing the Winter Olympics ... but the morning programs are sometimes almost as good for captions. There were a couple that were very good this morning that I just wasn't fast enough to catch. Pity.

It was a busy day - I had a few errands to run outside of work and I ended up doing some of them at lunchtime so I wouldn't have to leave work early. And as it is almost end of month. it's pretty busy at work as well. I guess the trick is not to have too many late nights in a row!

M had jumped on ROM for a go around the yard this afternoon and she has done a fantastic job. So fantastic that Pearl went up to play with her and the mower rather than coming on a walk with me.

Sooz cooked dinner again tonight - lamb shanks! And word is that she also did my work shirts so I am feeling very well looked after indeed!

There's been no further word on C who remains in intensive care in hospital after a severe attack of pancreatitis. She is in an induced coma for pain management. While she has been fighting back they're not sure if it's going to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment