Sunday, February 9, 2014

Saturday 8 February

M should have been long gone by the time Sooz and I were ready to even think about getting up - the Russians are arriving today and she needed to be up at the Airport in Brisbane - together with Mouse and Az - to collect them. But, as sometimes happens, the plane was delayed which meant she didn't have to leave quite as early.

Still, she was gone by the time we were ready to leave for Kyogle, so it was only Tinka who saw us off from her chair out the front. Maggie was still inside - and it didn't look as though she was planning to move - she had settled in for the day.

Just after we reached Murwillumbah, M rang and directed Sooz's attention to a photo from yesterday's lunch that Az had posted on FaceBook. She looked on my iPhone, and couldn't see anything of note ... certainly nothing that warranted a phone call to get her to look at it.

T-shirt

We stopped for breakfast at Uki - but not at the Uki Cafe because we weren't aware that that has re-opened. We had it at the "other" cafe, and it was quite good - very yummy and generous portions.

While we were stopped, I had a look at FaceBook too and when I saw it, I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Sooz looked at me as though I was quite deranged ... until I pointed it out to her. I hadn't seen it the first time I looked ... but now every time I look, I can't help but see it.

The Uki Markets were on today - in the hall as they normally are - and Sooz secured some very nice green beans, leeks, and a banana bread to take with us to Kyogle. For a moment there it looked as though the cake was going to be Apple and Walnut - but a quick word in her ear about the walnuts, and a change was secured.

Mt Warning was at its glorious best this morning - partly-shrouded in cloud but looking much clearer than I have seen in a long time. .Sooz noticed that too - it must have been the lows moving around the State,bringing with them high winds that have blown the murk away.

After lunch, Pat, Lo, Sooz and I piled into the Kluger and off to Lismore where Lo wanted to find a present for her good mate An. I think there was also a search for black lipstick for a "cosplay" (whatever that is). She'll have to go back for both through because the only thing we managed to do in Lismore was get some more stamps for her Baskin & Robbins card (one ice cream for each of us equals four more stamps) so she now has enough stamps for a free ice cream.

This afternoon, while Sooz had a nap, I turned on the television and started watching the Sochi Winter Olympics. I am still trying to work out what "Hot.Cool.You." means ... and hopefully I will be watching when they explain it. Sooz and I fronted up again after dinner to watch part of the Opening Ceremony. The staging was stunning - but I can't even begin to guess how Nikki Webster - our own girl on a wire during the Opening of the Sydney Olympics) felt when she saw another young blonde girl reprise her role. The horses flying through the top of the stadium were amazing - the stream locomotive too. I am mesmerized by the whole show ... and hopefully I will be able to pull myself away from the television - and stop imploring Sooz to look at this or that - so I'm in a reasonable shape to drive down the road early in the morning for the call with Tr.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment