Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Monday 24 February

Monday - the start of the working week - and you just never know what the week will bring. Today it brought me a man with L O V E tattooed on the knuckles of his left hand. The knuckles on his right hand did not have the H A T E tattoo. It was the first time I have seen this is real life and I couldn't help but wonder how he had decided to get just one of the traditional pair. But then, why does anyone decide to get a tattoo at all - obviously for different reasons - but it surprises me when someone gets a tattoo - just for them - and then have it put on their back in a place where you need to be a contortionist to be able to see it. (I know, I can't talk - I can't even talk myself into getting my ears pierced - let alone getting a tattoo.)

It was busy on my way home last night - three stops including the Post Office, the Chemist and, of course, OfficeWorks. I arrived home just before 6, thinking S would be ready and we would just set out at the usual time for Trivia - but no. And it had nothing to do with me finding where one of the cats had been ill - and with the "you see it, you own it" ringing in my mind's ear (why is it that people only talk about seeing something in their "mind's eye"?) I pulled out the paper towels and started on clean-up patrol. When M came out - she had been doing cat litter patrol - and offered to do it, I declined. Rules is rules - and I know it wouldn't take me long to translate the help into conveniently "not seeing" it - maybe not next time it happens it at some point. And the good news is that I didn't go into gag reflex at all during the exercise!

After Aqua today, Sooz and M went off to The Big House to see "Philomena" - which they both enjoyed very much - as did Mouse. Then - lunch at Spinners - S had the Lobster & Prawn special (she had a banana at the movie while M and Mouse had chips) but I'm not sure about the others.

You have to be careful where you go into the water on the Gold Coast these days - AC was telling me she and her husband were strolling along the canal at Varsity Lakes the other day - and saw several sharks breaking water - and no, I did ask, and they definitely weren't dolphins!

There are now numbers on the new letterboxes - which makes them look a little better but there is part of me that thinks a nice bright stripe of paint wouldn't go astray. But that might just be me.

Trivia tonight - and, amazingly, with a score of 56 out of 80 (the questions were tough tonight) we were one off third! One of the questions we did get right though was what colour is the top left ring on the Olympic Logo. We picked blue - but not before we'd already decided on yellow and written that on the answer sheet ...but we hadn't handed it in yet. Fl. who was off getting the coffees at that point, was quite surprised when blue was the answer and we had it - he though we still had yellow.

Clafoutis

St and Ni, as well as bringing along a clafoutis to have with coffee, they also brought four visiting French teacher - from France. They played as a separate team called ... Frogs - and did well given some of the mangling of the English language in tonight's game - hard enough if English is your first language!

The lights were on when we arrived home ... M had had the night in - and was still ... and I could hardly believe this at 10pm ... washing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment