Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tuesday 18 February

The Girls had breakfast at Maccas this morning but I didn't get to speak with them because they were arriving just as I had to leave. It was a big day at work especially as I was taking the minutes for this morning's Project Leadership Team Meeting. While I had seen the players come into the office over the months, the best I could do in terms of identifying them for notes in the minutes was to have AC draw up a diagram of the table and place them around it - which was a good plan until they changed seats before I got in there - although AC had captured that on her disgram. Then until they actually started calling each other by name - I took down notes in what they were wearing, colour of hair, amount of ... any identifying marks. The good news was that as they engaged more in discussion, there was name calling - or people calling each other by name, and I was able to correctly identify them. Or that's what I thought at the time - but we'll only know for sure when I write up the Minutes.

Sooz was a bit concerned today as the fire is still ablaze on the far side of the stables. She said the fire had spread during the day and she was worried lest it get away from the firefighters (working on the assumption that they are still on site).By the time I arrived home, it was back at the same place it was yesterday afternoon. What I don't understand is where is all the fuel coming from to keep it alive.

M took the Russians to Mt Tambourine today and believe it or not there were more rainbow lorikeets there than they'd seen at Currumbin Sanctuary. The Polish Place has lorikeet feedings in the afternoon so it will definitely be work the trek to see/photograph them!

Three cheers ... Pearl is finally home again - and will be right for the first day or two because Mouse sent food home with her. It's great to have her back and I am looking forward to having her join me on the morning walk to B's shed in the morning ... it has been a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment