Saturday, February 15, 2014

Thursday 13 February

The kookaburra was back again this afternoon - this marks his second visit in two days. I think he's a young one but I'm no kookaburra expert! And, of course, even though I've managed to get the camera out both days while it's been there, I still haven't captured "the" shot.

We weren't the only ones looking at birds today ... M took the Russians to the Currumbin Bird Sactuary - but not before they'd been to the lookout at Point Danger, and swimming at Rainbow Beach. This left them a little behind schedule so by the time they drove there, bought tickets etc they had missed the Crocodile Show but they did get to do a lot of what else was on offer - except riding the little train (they walked) and feeding the lorikeets (they didn't come).

That wasn't all the wildlife for today though ... M told us tonight that we have a resident python - it's living up near ROM in the shed. M saw it the other day ... sunning itself on the concrete outside the shed and apparently (I wasn't home at the time) managed to stifle a scream and then ... she got the shovel and ... carried it away from the shed so it would get the hint and move on, but no, it didn't ... M carried it away from the shed another couple of times but each time it ran back (not literally of course, because snakes don't have legs ... but you get the idea). So, when both Sooz and I were home last night, she told us - so it wouldn't come as a super surprise if we chanced upon it. It wouldn't do to scare the poor thing.

CSP tonight ... except it wasn't. Last week I finally gave Roulette a try. And I have to say, it's a totally different experience when you're sitting at the table with chips in front of you trying to work out which number might come up next. We fronted up there again tonight ... and even though it wasn't as rewarding for me as it was last week ... I can see where improvements can be made and that I have to (a) work on my betting strategy and (b) listen to that little voice in my head when it tells me to/not bet. The more I see M play it, the more I realise how much time she has put into understanding the numbers and how they work together.

There was no shortage of numbers for me today - I am still working on the spreadsheets as we try to identify the "anomaly".

Je was supposed to be here today, but she's going to come tomorrow instead.

M told Pearl that we are missing her but that we do understand that she would be enjoying Mouse's gourmet cooking; which we'll enjoy as well because Mouse has sent some Fried Rice home to Latimers!

No comments:

Post a Comment