Saturday, April 12, 2014

Friday

Misty morning.

Today was a good day and certainly a beautiful morning with a mist hanging over the valley as I drove out.

I had breakfast with Jo in Ormeau. I was supposed to see the Doc this morning but somehow the admin at the Medical Centre managed to book me for an appointment with a doctor I don't see - and no chance of seeing the one I do see as she doesn't work on a Friday. They obviously don't realise that I drive half an hour to get there and have to make up the time at work - so having them get it wrong is more than just mildly annoying. But I did manage to make it in to work an hour earlier than planned. Ah well, I've made another appointment and hopefully the Doc will be there for that one.

Work was more playing with numbers (of the accounting type this time) and devising some new systems for the next stage of the road works. It would be a much easier task if the switch to the new corporate accounting package was finished, reliable and a known quantity. Maybe next week!

Pearl had a visit to The Tevs today. She's going back on Monday for an X-Ray... not a scan - so they won't need to shave her. Just as well too because her fur hasn't grown back from the last time yet.

The other big news of the day is that M has bought the tickets for her and Mouse's trip so that all makes it very real. M has already started getting presents to take to the kids and she showed us some of them this evening - clothes, stationery, fun things. I'm not sure who will get more fun out of them - M or the kids... especially the slapbands. Smiggle is having a competition at the moment where the winner gets one of every item in their Safari range. I wonder, if M won that, would there be any room left in her suitcases?

M was out this evening so Sooz and I had a quiet night in with the furries. Pearl is still a little low key but more alert than she has been in the past few days - a visit to The Tevs can do that for/to a dog.

Tinka was being a little ... hmm not sure what the right word is ... but when lockdown came, I couldn't find her inside the first couple of times - and then on the third of fourth time out, Sooz called out to let me know that Tinka was inside - and must have been inside from the start. Maybe she was set up under the bed again - that was probably the only place I hadn't looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment