Friday, April 25, 2014

Thursday

Anzac Eve, that's what Me's father wanted to call her when she born on this day a few years ago. I wonder how they're faring on the vineyard.

Pearl and l went on our walk down the lane this morning just a tad later this morning - and that made all the difference because it was lighter this morning - not much but enough.

Balloon

Then, there was a hot air balloon hanging over the valley as I drove out. I stopped to take a photograph (or two). It still has me confused in the valley - which direction things are in. I wasn't sure whether I would see it again on the way into Nerang or if it word be off in another direction entirely.

With thether lists on her tail … or it could have been “tehter lists” but in any case unless you had been able to hear what the newsreader was saying you might not have been able to interpret this as “terrorists” - although once you know, it's easy enough to see what the captioner meant.

I remember years ago, Te used to read to her children at bedtime, and she would substitute words ftor the written ones. The kids thought it was great fun and today they certainly are some of the more interesting people of this world. Mind you, Ro was one even then … and I believe it was he who coined the term that comes to mind whenever I think of the T-Rex … it and its “ridiculously short arms”. It does make you wonder just how different the world may have been today if the T-Rex had something other than “ridiculously short arms” … and how it could catch and hold prey if it couldn't use its arms (or were they really legs) to keep it in place. Ah, how wonderful is the animal kingdom and all it holds?

Sooz's show "Call the Widwife" is back on (l think it's Season 3) and she watched it while M and I went to CSP - or Numbers. Sooz had Noodlebox for dinner - I'd picked some up at lunchtime - we had Tuckshop Thursday today - it's a holiday tomorrow so there will be no Tuckshop Friday. The Shank Special is still on at TBH and M and I weren't the only ones having it. It was still as good. We played Numbers upstairs - good because they have a bar - which had orange juice, ice and a blender - and someone who knew how to use them - the drink was gloriously cold on my lurgy throat. The good news was that M did well and after being down to two chips I managed to get my stake back and a couple of dollars to share with Sooz.

We set out for home a little later than usual as it wasn't a school night. I could have stayed a little longer but M suggested not and since she was the driver, I couldn't argue ... well, I could have, but didn't ... much.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment