Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wednesday

We were back at Tallai for Trivia tonight. We were six. Sooz, M, Ni, AnM, Na and I were FTL for this outing. It was just our second time at Tallai and I was very disappointed when they told us the cash jackpot bonus round wasn't happening tonight - and wouldn't until the usual quiz master returns in a fortnight. D'oh. But it was a good game even without the cash round. We tied for first - but would have won outright had we not twice pointed out that our answers had been either marked or tallied incorrectly a couple of times. Makes me wonder what the other markings are like. Still it was a great game and everyone had something to contribute. The most amazing for me was when Na (and who knew her French connection) answered correctly that the sole survivor of a volcanic eruption which killed nearly 30,000 people had been locked in a prison at the time, forgotten as everyone ran off to save themselves but not necessarily to safety.

Moon shot

The girls went to Aqua today instead of Bingo. The class numbers at Aqua are down and I thought I heard them say the class was in danger of being axed - so they went to bolster the numbers. And I think Sooz enjoyed her third water exercise activity this week - or was that in the last five days? Either way, it's a great effort.

Sooz and M were lucky enough to see a big kangaroo on their way in. I haven't seen one (big or small) for ages. And the owl wasn't there when we drove back down the lane tonight. I hope that doesn't mean we've seen the last of it for this season.

ROM arrived back today. It was in the carport when they arrived back from Aqua and while Sooz had a nap, M did the mowing. It looks great

 

No comments:

Post a Comment