Monday, April 28, 2014

Saturday

I nearly didn't do breakfast today and given what a foul mood I descended into later in the day, I should have listened to myself ... the first time when I said I wasn't going rather than the second time as I snuggled deeper into the bed and decided that if Sooz wanted to go to breakfast we would. And she did ... coming in just after 8 to ask if we were going. Of course. It's Saturday.

It should have been a sign of sorts when Daniel Stuarts was closed ... An was there first and phoned to let us know - just as we were at the roundabout down the street. Change of plan ... I went around the block to see if 4215 was open ... but not ... so we decided to relocate to the new centre over on the Isle of Capri.

M had been off to DWR this morning and was the last one to arrive for breakfast as she was helping one of the class members celebrate her birthday. She'd been later to class as well because she had stopped on the way out of Latimers to talk with La ... 81 days later there has been no substantial change ... Ca is still in Intensive Care.

It was good to catch with An after her time in Melbourne helping her niece who has been having some quite major and serious family issues. It has given An a different view of the world and an idea of something she might like to do in the future ... especially now she has retired and will have more time on her hands.

Syl didn't join us for breakfast ... she was on her way to PI to pick up the caravan ... Their sale is almost finalised and this will be the last thing to make it off the Island. While she's there, Syl was going to do the last bit of vacuuming and I think An mentioned something about a pre-settlement inspection - so hopefully all that will go well.

Sooz and M went off to see "Chinese Puzzle" after breakfast - the third in the trilogy - and I said I'd wait for Sooz to drive her home. Big mistake. I should have just let M drive her home because by the time they emerged from the Cinema, I was not fit to be with. I went straight home to bed then ... and totally missed the excitement later in the afternoon of Syl manoeuvring the caravan into the stable's carport. Sooz said it took her a few tries but anyone who knows Syl would have known that she wouldn't give up until it was safely tucked away! She is a remarkable woman.

The rest of Saturday was a bit of a blur for me ... I remember getting up, Sooz following me back into the bedroom, M saying something about birthday cake at the Markets tomorrow for Nu and Va ... And then that was it for the next few hours. I was out like a light ... managing to drag myself out of bed for a Milo and a couple of Anzac biscuits (that Mouse had sent home ... absolutely wonderful!) and some television just as everyone else was going to bed (at 9:30!!). I took myself back to bed a bit later after watching the end of ... and then the beginning ...(in that order thanks to Foxtel's SYFY and SYFY+2) of the "Age of Dinosaurs" before beating a retreat back to bed ... but without Tinka this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment