Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Monday

“I have had a luge night.” Scott Cam (as presented by the Captioners) after winning the Gold Logie last night. I think it was actually … huge.

There was no walk for Pearl and I this morning … it was raining … heavy enough for her to be wet when we got back. Best not. She didn't seem to mind too much, barely opening her eyes (let alone lifting her head) as I walked past. And I walked past a couple of times as I readied myself for work (maybe I should have stayed home … but there are a couple of things I want to take care of … and then going home might be an option).

Maccas was not packed this morning when I arrived. I'm thinking that too has something to do with the weather. Or it could have to do with their new system where you have to order McCafe things at the McCafe counter - and everything else at the regular counter. It is a pain! It even has me thinking about changing to Zarraffas for my morning coffee and toast. I'll miss Jo and Ly though, and the fifth coffee free … but everyone has their level of annoyance past which they will not go. Anyway, we'll see if that conviction holds at all.

Well, I thought I was going to work today - but I was wrong. I was dressed and up, and at Maccas, and as I was driving to work I knew I wasn't up to it and when Lars headed for home, I let him. It was just as well too because as soon as I was home I put my head down and didn't wake up for a couple of hours. That was most of the day really … the girls went out to Aqua and to run some errands and the dog barked when they were gone a couple of times, so I saw Je who was dropping off stuff for Sooz, but besides that most of the day was spent napping - and there was a bit of coughing in there as well. Sooz keeps spraying the room with germ killer stuff but at this point I think it's doing its best to get rid of me!

The only good thing about being crook is that Sooz cooks chicken soup (it has wonderful medicinal qualities because of the love that goes into it) and brings home nice things. I had requested pie for tonight and she picked up Wagyu Beef Pies from Ferry Road. Yum and yum.

Tinka does seem to have been in the wars of late. We know she spends her late afternoon up the back near the stables … but still comes down to have her dinner - although she does have to be called a couple of time … but she does come. M was checking her out yesterday, and as well as the scars under her chin she has a graze on her forehead near her ear now. It doesn't seem to be bothering her but M is sufficiently concerned about it to be wondering what (or who) it is that Tinka's playing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment