Sunday, April 6, 2014

Thursday

M went out this evening to have dinner with the Family and M's sisters. She'd had a big day - getting the car to the mechanics where they were finally able to fix the air conditioning - and to the dentist. Poor her! Mouse had issues as well - she went to give M a lift from the mechanics and when she went out to the car, one of the tyres was flat. She called the RACQ and when they came it turned out to be more than the tyre - it was something to do with the wheel - and the car had to be towed! Not a good day for them at all.

On top of that M was not feeling well and at ... and she ended up coming home early and put herself straight to bed. Sooz and I were in charge of getting the furries in and settled - which we gladly did.

I was going to strike off on my own to The Big House this evening ... but by the time I finished at work it was already after 6 and I decided I had looked at way too many numbers already so at that point I decided just to go via the Q Centre and pick up dinner for Sooz and I. And believe it or not ... the owl was on the fence again as I drove down the lane. I am being more careful about it these days ... I now drive down the lane with my headlights off, very very slowly ... so as not to spook the owl. It's working so far.

Pearl on the mat

Tinka has taken "under the bed" to heart and sometimes if she can't be found anywhere else, if you stand in the bedroom and listen ... you can hear her buzzsaw snoring from under the bed. Hopefully she isn't planning to bring any of her new-found-friends with her ... she has been busy hunting and has carried home half a mouse (I think Sooz referred to them as "mouse trousers") and spent some time eating that - and not sharing it with Maggie.

Pearl is still on her antibiotics ... and while I know I sometimes say she has a mind of her own and thinks she is higher up the pecking order than me - she is staying with the rule about eating on the mat ... unfortunately, the big mat is no longer there but she does what she can.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment