Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Monday

Doors are amazing things! We were at We's overnight together with Te, her little ones, Ow and Ch but when they were up and down at various stages, Sooz and I heard nothing - as long as the door was closed. If it was open it was like they were in the room with us!

Mi, 4 years old, decided she would help me put my shoes and socks on this morning. She's not bad - and she has improved since the last time she did it ... then she just held one end of the lace in one hand and the other in the other and just moved her hands around quickly. This time she actually managed to cross the laces - and then when I took them and tied them ... and as I finished she said, in what was like awe and amazement ... "how do you do it so fast?". I told her when she is as old as I am, she will probably tie them as quickly too. That's if they still have laces then ... because it will be a few years before this actually happens.

We was busy at Mum's this morning doing her hedge trimming - and we met her down there to have breakfast (why is it that the stores have sold out of Hot Cross Buns already?) - which turned out to be toast and vegemite - and very nice it was for a change too.

Did I mention that We has the lurgy? She's had it for a couple of days apparently - but she wasn't so attached to it that she wouldn't consider giving some of it away. Of course, it may just be a coincidence that I started feeling unwell today - and when we arrived home, I took myself off to bed for a nap - which turned into more than a nap. I managed to rouse myself long enough to send off my entry for the Clique competition - which turned out not to be a shot of the Cats Cycling Club but of Pa at the Supanova Exhibition.

Then it was back to bed - and I set the alarm for later than I usually do, not entirely happy that I have to go to work tomorrow but I have to because the wages are due the day after and, you know, I'm the bunny (fairly appropriate at this time of year) who's doing it this time since Le is away.

No comments:

Post a Comment