Friday, April 11, 2014

Thursday

The day dawned bright and cloud-free - a nice change from the rain. This means we have not been interrupted in the road works although the long term forecast is not so fine.

As I sat having my coffee and toast at Maccas this morning, Ly was handing out free chocolates and when she reached me, she said open your bag - and tipped a cup full of chocolates in. "Give them to the people at work" she told me. How could I refuse?

Sooz had an almost quiet day here except there were visitors - P came to have a look at some work M wants done around the place; then Je arrived - and she was not in a good way. So Sooz offered her a friendly ear and ended up quite drained afterwards. It's been quite fraught for her lately with people she knows and/or cares about undergoing not so nice things. Is there more of it happening? Probably not but it sometimes seems that way.

M and I did a run in to The Big House for dinner at Zen. While the food there is very nice ... the water there is absolutely amazing! It is, and I kid you not, the best water I have tasted on the Gold Coast ... and they must know I like it because they just keep bringing it. And unlike some other Thursday nights, there were people at the numbers table when we arrived ... so we sat down to watch ... okay, play.

Sooz was still up when M and I arrived back at Latimers - and she was happy to take receipt of leftovers, a bottle of water, and a couple of chips straight from the numbers table.

No comments:

Post a Comment