Sunday, April 13, 2014

Saturday

Well, that's 22 minutes of my life that I'll never get back .... or maybe it was a little less than that when you consider I read The Bulletin as well. The task at hand - changing the AG1 batteries in my keyring torch. When I got it, the batteries - four of them - were in a tiny plastic tube that slid out of the battery compartment as one. Getting new ones in (because I had inadvertently managed to leave the torch turned on in my pocket) proved more difficult as they had to be done individually (I tried but couldn't get them to go in the plastic tube) - and there was enough room in the barrel of the compartment tube for them to turn over - in some cases more than once - as they settled - mixing up the polarity and making the torch unwilling to work. But I did finally get the pieces to fall the right way - and hopefully I have worked out why I keep turning it on without meaning to so that should conserve/preserve the battery life.

Looking up the coast

Breakfast this morning was good ... again at Daniel Stuart's - with Sooz and M direct from their Deep Water Running, Syl on her way to the Library and me looking for a good cup of coffee and perhaps the read of a free newspaper. Sometimes I like the feel of the paper and turning the pages to see if there's any better news further in ... and the comics of course ... and puzzles.

Sooz had a haircut after breakfast - or before lunch because she managed to get an appointment in Nerang at noon. I hung around a coffee shop and read papers and ... changed the batteries in the torch.

Then it was home for a nap before going out to see Co and Da - but M had already beaten us! She had not been feeling and decided to come home to sleep it off before she goes to the Las Vegas show this evening with Mouse.

Co and Da and the kids were great. It was wonderful catching up with them as we sat on their balcony looking up the coast to Surfers Paradise. The kids can see the airport runway from their bedroom so they were pretty pleased too.

No comments:

Post a Comment