Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tuesday

“Australian jurors diction.” Okay - that's simple enough but … “Miss sis my.” I think it's a place in the US.

It was a funny day today - at breakfast we were all saying what a lovely day it was - too nice to be inside - but by the time I went to the car to drive to work - it was overcast and just the slightest bit yucky. What a difference 45 minutes makes. Hopefully the clouds will have cleared away in time for this afternoon's “fat banana” solar eclipse (or “ellipse” as I read several times during the news bulletin). It happens every 73 years - and is not to be confused with the coming of Haley's Comet which comes every 75 years … but where does it go in the intervening time? And from this we know that Mark Twain was 75 when he died - he was born to and died with HC. (There has to be a bit of Trivia in there somewhere.)

Pearl had snuck back to bed this morning but I managed to rouse her (with M's firm hand at play as well) … and, to her credit, Pearl is more energetic these days.

Tinka went back in with Sooz after her breakfast this morning - one of the few times she has ventured into the bedroom since she found Pearl's sheepskin-covered bed in M's room. All's fair in the furry world though because when Sooz looked in one morning last week, Pearl was stretched out on M's bed. Maggie has been around too, usually cuddling up next to Sooz on the couch while they both watch lifestyle shows!

Sooz had a good day today - mixing with the folk at Biggera Waters - one of whom is a bird feeder (like so many older women we know) and while she sat on the balcony with her, they were visited by a couple of very colourful Rainbow Lorikeets and a Butcher Bird (which would have sat on the woman's knee, she said, had Sooz not been there).

Come to think of it, it's dark in the mornings now when I get up and this morning I swear I was up before the first birdsong started. And when it started at least it wasn't anywhere near as noisy as the crow that had camped immediately outside my window and was practising its loudest calls yesterday afternoon as I tried to nap!

There was no Trivia for us last night and even though I may have been good to go, it was great to have an early night. Who knows, we might be able to get another game of Trivia happening for sometime later in the week.

I was late home this evening, catching up on some of the work I would have done yesterday had I been there and it was dark as I left for Latimers. I had completely missed the “fat banana” eclipse but I did get to see it on television - not the same I know but there was no damage of eye damage this way. Alas, there was no sign of Mr Owl as I came down the lane either.

Sooz was roasting a chicken for dinner - yum - and I'm hoping that the leftovers will be transformed into some kind of soup (chicken and corn?) for Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment