Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday

Well there was another day that wasn't. I am a bit over the Lurgy now ... although it hasn't quite let go yet. I managed to raise myself from bed at midday and was surprised to find that Sooz hadn't gone to the Markets either. M had waited for her - making some noise in the kitchen - but that hadn't been enough to rouse her.

Milo and Mouse's Anzac biscuits are amazing ... that was lunch today as I sat out the back waiting for the sun to shine on Latimers. It didn't not really - it was patchy overcast and there was a zephyr of a breeze about. That wasn't the concerning bit though ... it was all the ants - in the loungeroom and also out the back where I was sitting. I haven't seen so many of them for a long time ... and, if I were a betting person (which I'm not really - even though I do enjoy a game of Numbers for the mental stimulation and challenge) I'd have to say that some serious rain was on its way.

Then it was time for another nap ... I thought I was going to read some more of my book "Amy Falls Down" so I could do some more screen clippings for Sooz, and I did manage half a page before sleep overtook me again ... and still no sign of Tinka in the bedroom although she did sit out the back with me and look like she wanted some Anzacs but refused each time I actually offered her.

M came home at cat-feeding time, bearing coffee and cake - very nice. Then she was off again (after spending the day at the Markets and then out and about with Mouse) - while Sooz and I had home-made chicken soup for dinner (thanks Sooz!), and I did the Mouse puzzles, and powered up the computer to burn a copy of the Criterion photos for St - and had just finished when Ni rang to say they wouldn't be at Trivia tomorrow night ... they will be in Brisbane instead. D'oh. Bu it's good because it's the launch of their French online competition again and since Ni's "team" won last year there should be recognition of her at the dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment