Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday

It used to be that Wednesday was Bingo Day for the girls but it seems to have become Aqua Day ... because the class numbers are still down and they are helping to boost them so the class can continue. It's a good thing to do.

Sooz doesn't seem to be quite as bothered by the bites today - although she still has big red welts up and down her legs to show where they bit her.

I had an early start this morning and it was still not light when Pearl and I walked down the lane. The lights at the stables were all ablaze - I think it has something to do with the way their fur/hair grows during the winter months. If they have lights on at night - to simulate sunshine - it keeps their legs non-furry. I think that's it anyway. Pity it doesn't work with people ... or does it?

There's something happening with phone reception here at Latimers. Last night Optus went off almost completely with SOS Only available. Sooz and I have the problem - although M apparently doesn't it. It was still playing up this evening - which made it very difficult when I was waiting for a security code from the bank. I had to go part-way down the lane before I managed to get a signal ... and by the time I walked back in the front door, it was gone again. Thank goodness for iPhone 5's though ... because at least I had a torch for my wander in the dark. Did I hear scary noises ... you betcha ... but I managed not to run back.

Amazingly, just as I was saying how woeful the service was ... and that I had checked online this morning and they had reported no issues in the area ... the dots showing coverage came back and zoomed right up to five. And then it did the same on Sooz's. We're back on the grid.

I ran into AnM at Maccas this morning (I was there for a brief moment before I went into work early) and she and Na are keen to go to Trivia again. I've said that we're not going until at least next week - so I'll start checking to see who's up for another Trivia at Tallai Golf Club so soon. The good news is that the cash jackpot starts back again next week ... so that would be a good incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment