Saturday, July 26, 2014

Friday

There was more car stuff today, this time organising payment. Quite naively, I had thought it would just be a matter of transferring money from our account to the car folk - but the computer said no. Well the bank's website said no. So, a quick call later and I was off to Robina in search of a bank cheque. It took a little longer than expected - and it would have been longer had I stayed on the Motorway taking my chances with the roadworks traffic ... but I know better than that.

Cockatoos!

This afternoon after work, I dropped back into the Car Folk and handed over the cheque - so I wouldn't have to mind it over the weekend. So, it's all done - paid for, insurance organised - and we just have to wait to pick it up on Monday after the windows have been tinted, the fabric treated, the paintwork protected ... and the gift from M added.

Thank goodness work isn't going to get ultra busy again until, next week - it's been good to have the chance and space to be distracted by the car this week without doing it at EOM.

The house was quiet again this morning as I left except for Pearl who was hoping there would be more breakfast cookies for her. That wasn't going to happen of course, but that doesn't stop her from asking - and she wpuldn't be Pearl if she didn't ask. That Tinka was a bit naughty this. morning. She ate all the broth out of Maggie's breakfast before Maggie even saw it. This is the second time she has done that this week ... and still she hasn't found her way back into the bedroom!

Sooz had a quiet day at home - doing washing and other house stuff and letting thr furries keep her company. Meanwhile, M was back at JPs - her first time since she and Mouse arrived back. Afterwards, she met Mouse and Az for lunch ... and at some point the car was mentioned because I had a text from Az saying she was driving behind a Prius "Nice. Congrats".

Nothing like a good square meal!

It was a bit disappointing MasterChef wasn't on tonight but at least Sooz was able to watch The Living Room while I caught up with some of my series. It's nice to have a quiet Friday evening in.

I still haven't decided whether I will go off shooting in the morning ... but that is a decision I can make in the morning.

Did I mention the cockatoos have been back? They've been having a feed of lemons straight off the tree - I say that because the last year when I saw them at the tree, a couple would fly into the tree a d snip the stem so the lemon would fall to the ground and then others would take a bite ... but this time the lemon, with a bite taken out of it is still on the tree. And something, hopefully besides Pearl, has been taking bites off the avocados. That might be the cockatoos as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment