Monday, July 21, 2014

Sunday

Sooz insisted on watching "60 Minutes" tonight - which gave an unbiased report on convicted wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay. - from the viewpoint of women he had come into contact with - like his mistress and a woman he had had dealings with on the Gold Coast and who he had apparently told he was after someone to kill his wife.

It made quite sombre viewing after MasterChef - where it is the start of Finals week and one of the contestants has already gone home. Only six (or five) to go now. Only Tinka and Pearl saw that though, Maggie was already tucked up in bed. Is it possible she has reached her MasterChef limit?

This was where everyone was when I went off to shooting this morning. I'd already had the Skype call with Tr and waved to Sooz as she went back into the bedroom with Maggie.

I think this was Wild West.

It was "Steel Challenge" this morning; something neither Syl nor I have done before. Steel plates were involved - arranged around the stage as per the official instructions. We all helped set up - carrying the target stands (a bit like mobile basketball hoop holders) from the shed to the range. As this was the first Steel Challenge for us, we now have a benchmark. And I think we both went quite well. Syl was amazing in the second round - 25 shots, 25 hits. Bravo! She'd have to be happy with that!

And Sooz was very happy with Ferry Road for lunch. She had Lemon Butter Fish and a taste of my Calamari; we finished with a coffee and cake. Then it was home for a quiet afternoon* and the possibility of a phone call from M. The call didn't come but we did get to see the photograph of the Family Lunch she posted on FaceBook with the caption "Enjoying lunch with all of the family before returning to winter!!!" Here's hoping they have a speedy and trouble-free journey home.

* Who knew there could be so much research, comparison shopping and consternation involved with something like shopping for a car. I know its a first-world problem and I should be happy to have it but when I think about it, my other cars have just "been there" and this (and yes, that would be making the decision) is a whole new Territory! The good news is that I think I am going to do a bit better on the car questions at Trivia now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment