Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sunday

A body*, hand degloving** or technicolour yawns***. That was part of the conversation at breakfast this morning with Syl and Anita at a new place they have found near the Arts Centre. It's called One Fifty Public House. Max and Coco were waiting outside: all four had walked up from the house. Even so, they arrived well before us because we had unexpected car trouble .. . unexpected in that we had taken the BMW out yesterday to give it some time away from the garage - and it behaved perfectly well but today, when I went to turn it on ... nothing except a clunking noise of sorts. So, rather than call the RACQ and wait, we jumped into Lars and headed for Bundall.

New Dyson tap - washes and dries!

Syl, of course, and An, posited that the problem might be a flat battery. And it was ... as the RACQ man diagnosed. The battery, which did need changing, had done very well indeed ... it was the original battery that came with the Beamer! He was suitably impressed. Although perhaps not with the fact that the tyre/battery compartment (who knew the battery was in the boot?) lid would not stay up on its latch ... although once Syl and I had unloaded some of the things out of the boot (including the bag of "shrapnel" - and I truly was expecting to find the lost iPhone in there) there was no problem. While Mr RACQ was there, he checked Bertha as well - and one of her batteries was flat - but not in need of replacement - so Syl left it on the electric charger to charge overnight.

Mr RACQ

I did think about going into the Big House this afternoon but by the time we had finished car play and started to do the swap-over of the iPads .. there just wasn't enough time. Oh, did I not mention that ... Sooz's iPad - one of the originals - is no longer accepting some (vital to her) updates so I suggested it was time she had a new one. Yes, a whole new one all to herself - not one of my technology hand-me-downs. So we ummed and ahhed a little bit until we were actually in JB Hi-Fi and she said she would be happy for me to upgrade and then take my old one - truly ... she insisted ... so rather than being a simple exercise of swapping hers over - she has so much less on her device than me - I started to re-build mine on the new one. It isn't finished yet ... and I fear I have lost some data ... like a couple of blogs. Never mind ... I've worked out a better way to store them now ... thank you Evernote Premium!

It must have been a bit strange for the furries to have both Sooz and I, and Syl, around for most of the day. It was just a shame they didn't get a roast for dinner ... that looks like being Tuesday night now!

It's still chilly in the evenings and Maggie has definitely moved into the bedroom with us. I just don't know who likes that Electric Blanket more - Maggie, Sooz or me!

* Unfortunately, a body was found under the bridge near the Arts Centre this morning.

** Sooz had found an image of a hand without its skin and was keen to show it to Syl and An.

*** Well, they didn't call it "technicolour yawning" ... the used the "v" word which, in this instance, is definitely not Voldemort!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment