Thursday, July 10, 2014

Wednesday

Hump day! It has come around quite quickly this week although when I spoke with Mum yesterday I remember I mentioned I was glad it was the end of the week - and then I realised it wasn't. Talk about wishful thinking! Still, only two days to go now - and yes, there is a bit more that needs to be done.

Advancetown Hotel

There have been a few fires around lately - and the biggest so far was today - just on the hill over from Zarraffas. There was a huge pall of smoke visible at lunchtime and it was still there this afternoon. It may be that it is a controlled burn-off but there's really no way of knowing for sure.

Fire

What I didn't mention was that as part of setting up the new iPad (which still doesn't have a name) I put on a new screen protector - the one I was given for my birthday. It is absolutely fantastic! As advertised, it went on without a hitch - not a single bubble. And it is wonderful to write on - a real pleasure! I'm just hoping it's resilient and able to withstand the stylus wear and tear. So - thanks guys - it is a fantastic gift - even better than the putty! And we all know that's saying a lot!

I was thinking about Big Housing tonight - but by the time I had had a wind-down at Zarraffas (where they are getting to know me again ☕️😀) I didn't feel like driving in so I called Sooz and coaxed her into another round of Lamb Cutlets at the Advancetown Hotel. She wasn't hard to convince. I had the roast again - and while I expected it would not be as utterly fantastic as last week, I was still disappointed when it wasn't. We'll have to try again another night .

At some point, Sooz has opened the kitchen window. I'm not sure I'm a fan of that but I'm not going to interfere with it unless it turns windy. Fingers crossed.

It was Aqua for Sooz again today and An kindly came out to collect her. Surprisingly An is still determined not to come to the Top Twins with us later in the week. I'm amazed Syl hasn't managed to talk her around - but that may not be the way they do things.

Invitation to Tinka

TimKa is still watching MasterChef with us; Maggie's now running straight into the bedroom after dinner to reserve her space! I would just like someone to explain to me why her spot is on my side! And, no, we don't turn the electric blanket for her until just before we're ready to go to bed ourselves.

Pearl hasn't forgotten her "high fives" - she gave me some this evening as I was giving her her supper cookie.

There's new research out that suggests that cats can differentiate between two spoken languages. This raises enough questions in my mind to send me off to the research rather than just reading about it in other press pieces. In the meantime, I'm checking to see if Tinka can read - we'll know if the cookies disappear!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment