Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Monday

There's still no sign of Choo Choo Ma Ma but there are new horses - well, let's say "other" because we know that I have no facial recognition skills generally and even less so with our equine friends - how do I know if it's Hermes Sooz said the other day ... "by his feet" - in the paddock between La's and Latimers. They're quite nice looking too and I did take a photograph of them but I'm not sure I caught their best sides in the shoot, and they were being a bit manic at the time as well!

Chill mornings

I wasn't as cold on the way down to B's with Pearl this morning. When I was attending to tray business I noticed our "Sydney Winter Coats" hanging there and I popped one of them on ... toasty! I felt a bit sorry for Pearl because she still has to go with bare feet - and that fur never really has grown back on her tummy! Still she seems not to feel the cold too much ... still during the night she is moving off her bed and onto the tiles.

An came out to Latimers to pick Sooz up for Aqua today. She enjoyed it very much ... but it wore her out and by the time I arrived home, she was fast asleep - with the screen door locked. I whiled away some time by bringing the washing in off the line, having a "chuck under the chin" with Tinka, wondering how much more the frost will damage the grass, and why it is that Pearl no longer seems interested in chasing ducks off the Latimers lawn. Finally, I had to go and try to get in - through the screen door in the bedroom - and while I did wake Sooz up, she didn't mind so much. It didn't give her as big of a fright as she had the other night ... when both of us approached the front door at the same time and she looked at the door - thought it was her reflection she could see ... and when she opened the door I was standing there. She went straight into her "frightened" mode because, as she said, even though she realised it was me - she couldn't stop it. It was one of more unusual greetings!

I didn't mention that Mi had phoned yesterday and she said she might come to Trivia with Fl tonight ... and ... and this was a lovely surprise ... there she was. It was good too, because none of the rest of us had any idea who the additional judge on the dancing contest program was (Paula Abdul). I think the Club may have had a record attendance at Trivia tonight - 23 teams and 105 players! It was stiff competition as well ... and, as we all agreed, but for some very poor choices in our bonus round ... we still would not have been on the podium!!!

New horses

We were home by 9:30 and as Sooz sat down to watch Q&A in real time, I sat down to work on a document that's due tomorrow (not work-related) and catch up with yet another episode of "Breaking Bad" ... not long to go now ... and by the end of the night I had only the last episode of the last season to watch. I couldn't justify staying up past midnight to watch it, so I am saving it for tomorrow night.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment