Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Tuesday

I can't believe I have fallen so far behind with the blog ... it's not as though I haven't been making notes and trying to get to it ... just that I've been doing a couple of other things. Sooz's iPad is now mostly set up with all her information and required applications, and mine is getting closer although it still has a little while to go yet.

Maggie - enjoying the Electric Blanket

This evening, though, was given over to the last episode of "Breaking Bad". I would have finished it this afternoon but I wanted to do a "Lucky Dog" run for Pearl's treat/supper cookies ... and there were a couple of other things we needed too - and I don't think the walk around the supermarket did me any harm at all. It's been so busy at work and I've been so knackered at the end of the day that I have let my 10,000 steps slip (yes, yes ... and the blog).

There was a decent frost at Latimers this morning and I couldn't help but worry about all the furry creatures who live out this way and how they cope with the cold. Not to mention the horses ... I can't see how they don't get cold! And how the frost is going to be cutting down on their available grass! I was also thinking about the big red hare Sooz saw in the driveway, that's a couple of years ago now, and what ever became of it.

MasterChef continues and they are now down to the Final 10 - actually it was the Final 10 - now they are down to the Final 8. It's amazing that people have their favourites - and this year Sooz has three - which is based on their ability to pull out all stops when it's needed. One of the judges last night called it "resilience", Sooz called it "guts". (House Rules is finally over ... Sooz's favourites didn't win it ... d'oh.)

Sooz had a call from our solicitors in Sydney today. They are putting the final touches on the calculations for the settlement so it all appears to be going ahead as planned. I can't believe that this time in a week it should all be "done and dusted". Then we'll really have to start thinking hard about what we're looking for - in a property and in a updated vehicle. Choices ... choices.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment