Friday, July 25, 2014

Wednesday

The whole house was asleep when I crept out this morning. I think I managed to do that quietly ... although nothing much else could have been described as that. Why is it that the more you try to do things quietly, the more noise you make. Throw the deodorant can on the floor ... don't mind if I do. Slam the bathroom door ... okay! I felt much better once I was out of the house and making my noise somewhere else. I shouldn't have worried though because no-one seemed to have been roused.

I was glad the morning routine was in tact this morning ... let Maggie out, let Pearl out, feed Tinka and give her her shot, let Pearl in to eat the leftovers (if there are any), put Maggie's little broth breakfast down the back for when she comes in, watch Tinka lick the broth off Maggie's breakfast, let Maggie in.

It was business as usual for Sooz and M today - Ferry Road, Aqua, lunch with Mouse ... or it would have been if Mouse hadn't slept in ... she didn't have a good nap yesterday afternoon - so they had lunch with Mi - at a cafe across the road from Fl's new office. Fl didn't join them - and when Mi had phoned to check the girls were still coming, I could hear him in the background saying he knew what it was like - to miss out on lunch too.

Still (and don't tell them this) I didn't mind because I was comparison shopping for cars ... ie walking around the Worongary Town Centre car park looking at the different cars I have been researching on the net. I have it down to a possible five so far ... and once I have knocked a couple off the list I will be ready to start organising test drives for me ... and test passengering for Sooz. Both very important!

It was MasterChef again tonight - this time to see who would progress straight into the semi-finals ... and who would be in the elimination tomorrow night - with the other two going straight into the semi-finals. That leaves three for the semi-finals ... so it doesn't seem as though it will be the traditional play-offs with winners battling it out. It will be interesting to see if the one we love to "hate" will make it through to the semis.

Day 2 of M's return and Maggie has moved into her bedroom. We may never see her again in the evenings ... once she's holed up in there, she doesn't seem to want to move. She had the bed to herself a bit longer tonight though ... Sooz and M were watching one of the final episodes of Offspring for this season ... ever, actually, because word is that it hasn't been renewed. Sad days ... because it will be a while until the next season of Last Tango in Halifax comes back on Australian screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment