Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Tuesday

I'm certain of it now. The weather forecasts I get on my device are wrong. There is no way it was 11 degrees this morning, l believed Lars more - he said 3 degrees and while I know Lars is a car and not a thermometer, he does seem to have it more right at the moment.

The electric blanket is a winner too. It's only been on the bed a couple of nights and already I am in no rush to lose it. Mind you, I can't imagine what it would be like if I left it on all night tather than just turning it off when I crawl into that lovely warm bed.

Sooz has just finished watching the second season of Last Tango in Halifax and she now wants to go back and watch it from the start of Season One.

We aren't the only ones feeling the cold at the moment - as I was driving home this evening (it had just turned dark) I saw the huge fire burning off to the side of Latimers Crossing Road - on the other side of the creek near Hinde Road. You could see it from the laneway - and I tried to take a photograph of it - not very successfully I fear - but Bernie came along as I was putting the camera in the car and checked to make sure that everything was okay. That was nice of him. He had already been around, dropping the empty rubbish and recycling bins back to the house. They'll stay there until tomorrow though - it was too cold to go get them tonight - that's my excuse anyway.

I asked Sooz if she thought I'm feeling the cold more this year than last and she said yes but there is a reason for that, she continued, it's because it is colder.

Pearl is obviously feeling the cold too. She was a bit stiff tonight - but that may just be that she was on the cold tiles rather than on her bed or the mat. We'll just have to make sure she does lie on something warm from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment