Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday

Syl was out and about doing "support" things for a mate who is doing an overnight endurance run today. Initially she was going to be free for shooting but a fire in the area where the "run" is happening meant there had been some changes to the course so to be on the safe side, Syl and An were going to be available all day to go where they were needed with soup and other supplies.

Whale

So, I decided not to do shooting today - especially as there is an NRA "Steel Challenge" (whatever that is) on tomorrow morning … and without the Market on, I can make it without that feeling of missing out.

This morning, for a change then, there was time for a later start - after the early morning furry patrol that is … and that was very nice for a change. If I had thought on it for a moment longer when I got up, I would have left my electric blanket on … but that was okay since Maggie had warmed up my spot by the time I went back. Sooz asked me if I had any plans for the day … and then when I said "no", she asked, a few beats later, if there was anything I wanted to do today. I said I thought that was the same thing. Totally unrelated to this, it turns out that Sooz had decided that she wanted to see "Gardening for Soul" again at 9:45 and while it was a bit of a rush, we did manage to get there. I dropped Sooz off and went to Harvey Norman for a little impromptu whale sighting. It was funny, Sooz and I had only been talking about whale-watching on the way in. The whale I saw wasn’t a real whale. It was a wire/chain link sculpture on the back of a small truck -definitely not something I had expected to see in the car park.

Sooz thoroughly enjoyed her movie again - even though she did go to sleep for a little bit in there. She wasn't sure how long she was asleep for but it didn't matter because she was still cross with herself. I'm familiar with that feeling - where you are trying to stay awake but regardless of how hard you try, you're not able to.

We swung by the Post Office on the way home and there was more mail from "the friends" for M; it looks as though she has an invitation to something ... anyway that's what we're thinking that big gold envelope means.

Whale

I'm not saying it is cold tonight, but after watching "New Tricks" with us while we had our dinner Tinka decided to go out. She took only a couple of steps though before turning around and coming back - obviously deciding there was nothing she had to do that was that pressing. By that time Maggie had already been in bed for some time and was starting to get impatient waitiing for the blankets to be turned on!

Sooz and I can definitely take a hint so we called it an early night - quite strange for us on a Saturday night ... no, wait, who am I kidding ... The strange thing would be if we did go out or stay up late on a Saturday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment