Friday, July 11, 2014

Thursday

She can read! She can read! Tinka can read! She ate the cookies that said "eat me"! I would do it again, but this time spell out "don't eat me" but we all know that even though Tinka might understand it, she wouldn't take any notice ... she would just eat them anyway.

Tinka: Reading

How is it that I can reset the alarm for 20 minutes later and still leave the house 10 minutes earlier (than 6:30 - I'm not usually able to leave by a quarter past these days).

I don't know if I would have heard Tinka and Maggie having a heartfelt discussion about who should be on the bed at 2:45 this morning had I not already been awake. And had I not been trying to fall back to sleep quickly I may even had had words with them saying there had to be a way to work it out so the could both be on the bed and not have to see the other! But they sorted it out amongst themselves - without resorting to fisticuffs but I fear it is a discussion we will need to have to tide us over until M returns - at which point our bed won't be anywhere as near attractive to the furries anymore!

The smoke from yesterday's fire was still hanging over Nerang this morning. It seems to have spread overnight and there was a distinct smell of smoke in the air.

I was home later this afternoon - we have moved on from EOM to preparing for the coming month's end when the financial package we can't get good reports out of more often than not becomes the corporate reporting and forecasting tool. So, until then, and working as fast as we can, we're working on"cleaning up" the double-ups, duplicate reversals and other idiosyncracy issues we've found since the cutover to the system.

It was a night of "half-wild" winds tonight - so I did finally close that kitchen window. We went into lockdown early too - there was no way anyone was going outside unless they really had to! And ... just for a change, it was an early night for everyone at Latimers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment