Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Monday

The Prius!

Well ... the day is finally here ... time to pick up the new car. I wonder how long it will take before it has a name. It is a thing of beauty and I have not a jot of buyer's remorse. I was worried that I would have because it isn't often that I make a decision so quickly! Anyway, there she was, waiting for me when I arrived at the dealership this afternoon ... replete with big red bow. And the bow was big ... massive ... which is just another way of me trying to say that it is a "big" car ... although we all know that the Prius isn't really. But it is roomy and as soon as I sat in it (again) I felt as though I have been driving it forever. It's not often I feel like that when I first get into a vehicle ... there's always the tension of thinking it is a "different" vehicle and the worry associated with it. Mind you, I think there may have been a bit of that had I not made sure it was fully insured before it left the showroom!

Trivia tonight and Fl rang later in the afternoon to say that he wouldn't be able to make it. That left we three - Sooz, An and me. Thank goodness we picked up our game in the second half otherwise it could have been rather embarrassing to show our faces there again next week - and we would have had to think of something to tell the other team members!

We arrived home just as MasterChef was finishing - literally - because when Sooz turned on the television,, the final score was being shown - and the winner was known! I didn't see it - and at that stage, knowing we are having a late night tomorrow, I decided I would ask Sooz. Come to think of it, I went to bed last night before we knew who had made it through to the Final!

Night night car with no name (yet).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment