Friday, July 25, 2014

Thursday

Some of the best things Sooz and I do happen on an 11 day. One of us is a 4 (numerically) and the other is a 7 so together we make 11. Today was an 11 day and it's no surprise then that we bought a car! Yes, I went from stalking parking lots over the last couple of days, peering into the windows of vehicles to see what their interior/consoles were like, to deciding last night that I wanted a Prius. I rang the Toyota Dealership today - to find out that yes, they did have a Prius in stock - and, even better, they were in the middle of a four-day sale. Excellent!

I went for a test drive at lunchtime - was very pleased, and put a deposit down before I left the showroom ... purchase conditional on Sooz and the passenger seat - she has to feel comfortable in it and to be able to get in and out of the vehicle easily. She was off at work with Jen today, with M picking her up around 4, so we arranged for Sooz to meet me at Maccas - just across the lane from the Toyota dealership.

I was already there, getting insurance quotes, when they arrived, and all three of us went over to see the Prius C ... which had a "sold" sign on it by that stage. I hadn't mentioned to Sooz that I'd put a deposit on but she couldn't have been happier! She and M had a test seat in it (and was that a breathing in of new car smell I saw happening in there as well?) and once Sooz agreed that it was "good", I sent them over to Maccas to have a celebratory coffee while I did the doings. Purchase car ... tick.

It was the last night of MasterChef for the night and Sooz and I sat down to watch it ... and M joined us later when she took a break from cleaning out her wardrobe. She says she still has a way to go ... but she seems to have made a good start.

I had to coax Pearl out of M's room this morning. Cookies did the trick ... just holding them outside the room and letting them fall back into the bowl. Pearl was out like a flash. I hate having to do that to her ... but she does know she will get a treat when we get back from our walk ... and she wasn't disappointed.

Blaze and his paddock mate were horsing around again this morning - but not landing any bites this time. They seem to hang around down near the fence a lot ... they must like the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment