Friday, July 25, 2014

Tuesday

The travellers are back! They touched down just before 7:30 this morning and FI went up to collect them and drop them off at Mouse's. From there, Mi collected M and brought her back to Latimer's where Pearl, Sooz, Maggie (and Tinka) welcomed her home with a nice cup of tea.

Blaze and Pearl

M must have been tired from the trip because she went for a nap and woke some hours later - when it was dark - thinking she had slept round the clock (can you still say that and have it make sense in this digital age?). Sooz was cooking dinner when M came out and for just a moment, M thought Sooz was cooking breakfast for me before I went off to work. Hmmm ... we all know there's no time for that in the morning ... especially now that I have trained the folk at Zarraffas to put two butters in with my toast. And they manage to get it in there with the hot toast without it melting. Now I just have to train myself to have only half of the second butter and put the rest in the fridge for the next day. It's just about getting the ratios right.

But poor M was a bit concerned that she had slept through ... but she hadn't so she was able to have dinner with us (Sooz had made a yummy spaghetti) and watch MasterChef - and see just how much one of this year's contestants is not liked by Sooz!

The furries seem very happy to have their mother back and there was no question of Maggie coming into our room tonight - even though we have the Electric Blanket to offer ... seems the heater in M's room beats that hands-down.

It was music to my ears too when M officially released me from cat tray duty ... in the time that I've been doing it, there have only been three times when the cats hadn't used the tray by when it was time to clean it out ... and yes, I had worked out a scoring system for them to keep myself seeing it as "a game". But I was happy to do it ... and it's only one of the reasons we're pleased to have M back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment