Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Saturday

Syl was saying she felt underdressed today at the Pistol Club. She had stumbled in on a scene where everyone (except her) was dressed in gear from the American old west - bodices, chaps, holsters. Welcome to the Wild West shooting competition - the same competition that had closed the Pistol Club for the weekend. I had already decided not to go to shooting today - I had thought tomorrow might be a possibility - but not to be. Which is probably good because we're meeting Mouse and others at the Isle of Capri as the Markets are not happening at the Turf Club tomorrow as the Camping and Caravan Show is on.

M came home with news last night that The Big House was having a breakfast special today - half price - so we met there after she'd been to Deep Water Running. It was a good breakfast - their toast is definitely the best - before Sooz and I went off to have a look at a property in Broadbeach (not for us) and then at a Harry Seidler-designed property in Broadbeach Waters. That wasn't too bad - M came to have a look as well - and we're going back tomorrow to have another look - taking Syl and An with us this time.

This afternoon was fairly quiet. We spent it at home with the furries. S hadn't slept well last night so she had a nap while I pretended to myself that I was being productive. I did catch up with some reading though so I was fairly pleased with that.

No surprise that we didn't go out this evening ... it is Saturday night afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment