Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tuesday

It rained overnight and a little bit as I was waking up but it had stopped sufficiently so Pearl and I could go for our walk. The boy horses were waiting by the fence as usual and I thought about giving the more friendly (now there's a bit of anthropomorphism!) one a name - and even as I thought "Blaze" I realised that I was almost living that "why do you ask two dogs" joke.

The rain has kept the temperature up a little and I'm curious to see how long it will be before I need my jumper again.

Grande with seven sugars! It is incredible what you hear at Zarraffas. It was a bit busier this morning - I must have mistimed my visit because a group of six young-ish people flowed through the door just before me - which would have been okay had I not been juggling wallet, thermo, change and ZCard - and if the young man relaying his order to his "woman" (in front of me) had actually had at least a tiny clue as to what he wanted! Still, it gives folk a chance to practice tolerance! And some of us need all the help we can get!

There was a fantastic sunset this evening! All big and pink and amazing - helped by some cloud cover - so no moon viewing for us this evening - well not until much later anyway!

Big numbers

Syl was out at the ranch again today - she was up the back and on mowing down the bottom yard I think I heard S say. - or was that Monday? Again, it was dark when I arrived back at Latimers (finally managed to get to the grooming station) so I couldn't really see the changes.

There's a big new sign out where the lane meets the road - I am curious as to why it needs to be quite so big but it will serve as a useful landmark for anyone coming to Earth … oops, I meant to the Valley. I have to keep a watch out so I can check to see if it is reflective at night … and it was good to see it's far enough back not to be in harm's way if we have another person losing control on the corner (not that it's happened more than the once but it doesn't hurt to be cautious).

No comments:

Post a Comment