Thursday, July 17, 2014

Wednesday

It was another gloriously warm morning at Latimers - something to do with the continuing cloud cover no doubt. And the cloud wasn't leaving us - we had a fair bit of rain during the day - with each fresh shower preceded but a several degrees drop in temperature.

I spoke with Sooz this morning (taking a break from the accounts) just as she was getting in to An's car to go to Aqua. So we didn't chat for long and I swear I was dragging my feet as I went back in to the office. I could think of a whole heap of things I would rather have been doing today rather than accounts - especially since we are hard at work on the MOM* now - and it just seems that we haven't really had time to draw breath since the EOM.

I had thought Je might come today but as far as anyone knows, it looks like tomorrow now.

Tinka went to the Tevs this afternoon for her fructosamine test and her annual vaccination. She was very good - hardly crying on the way in - but she really couldn't get a word in edgeways with me prattling on. She has put on weight - .03 kg - and her temperature seemed to be fine. The Tev did ask me if Tinka always made a noise when breathing - she apparently has a slight wheeze - but she didn't seem concerned especially when I suggested she check with Tinka's real mother when she gets back next week. Tinka did her trick again tonight though - and I always love it when she does - when the Tev has their back turned writing up their notes on the computer, Tinka climbs back into her box - making no noise at all - so when the Tev turns around she is ready to go! It still seems to surprise them - since she has to step on the edge of the cage to get in - not making a noise and not tipping the cage over either!

The Tev will give a call when the bloods are back: and that will be the full bloods not just the fructosamine.

MasterChef is in its second last week and we've been watching the final lot playing with Heston all week. It has been a truly amazing experience for them - some exceptional learning opportunities with an emotional roller coaster ride for some of them. The great thing about this year's contestants is that, for the most part, they are all nice folk - personally and in company.

The furries are still watching with us ... and the only one who is constant with her viewing position is Tinka. She seems to have forgiven me the Tev visit and jumped up on the couch with me this evening for her "special time".

*Middle of Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment