Sunday, April 8, 2012

Friday

What a magnificent day! Most businesses were closed today and we took the opportunity to have a day where we did nothing much in the way of the outside world - in fact we even closed the Latimers gate and now we may never know who the person who came down in the big white ute (they had already turned around and started driving away by the time we realised they weren't parking. M tried to catch them - waving after them as they drove up the lane - but they obviously werely looking - or turning - back).

It wasn't to keep people away that we closed the gate ... I think I mentioned before that with the new people arrivals at L's place, there is also a new dog - a cute black thing (really ... I'm not good at "what dog is that?") - and when I was taking out rubbish to the bin this morning, I turned around and there it was beside me. Hmmmm. Luckily Tink and Emma (the only cats in the yard at the time) didn't see it - although I'm not sure what they would have done if they had - but without knowing how the new dog is with cats, it seemed best to keep it on the other side of the Latimers fence. Of course, it has probably been visiting since it arrived - but you just don't know.

One of the businesses not closed today was Zarraffas and I did a coffee run late morning to pick up a few. I don't know why, but they tasted better than they normally do.

Family N Friends dinner was on tonight at Mouse's. We had additionals too - The Great K came, and M and A, and, of course, there was the usual crowd. And it what a sumptuous repast it was - with the focus on seafood (smoked salmon, prawns, salmon) because it's Good Friday.

There must be something about it being a holiday weekend because it was a late night again tonight. Last night's did catch up on me - or maybe it was just relaxation taking over - but at one point this afternoon while I was out in the desk area doing some computer things, I must have nodded off because I almost fell off my chair! Mind you, I wasn't the only one squeezing in naps today, although, to be fair, it would have been better if M hadn't been feeling off-colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment