Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Friday

Family N Friends dinner was at the Tian Ran (S was sorry to miss it but at least she was there earlier in the week). We tried some other dishes tonight - I had thought we might, especially since I had found myself wondering if non-pork-eating-folk would be able to eat a non-pork dish if it was called Sweet and Sour Pork! They answer was"no"- as I had thought it might. Part what we did have was excellent -although I'm not sure how the others managed to eat the chilli sauce. I had a couple of drops on a Shanghai dumpling and that was more than enough!

The Great K would have liked the night, but he couldn't make it. Today was the due date for a major assignment and he managed to submit on time (he usually goes right to the wire) and by then he was fairly exhausted and just wanted to rest.

M and I had talked about stopping in at The Big House for a few hands of CSP after dinner - but tiredness overtook M (I would never admit it) and we made our way straight back to Latimers instead.

It rained again today and while I am usually unhappy about that because it means no mowing, it's okay at the moment (no ... the grass hasn't stopped growing) but because there is a problem with the bore pump, M has switched us over to tank water - and it's good that it's being replenished so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment