Saturday, April 28, 2012

Friday

It was raining this morning and it stayed raining all day. Just as well M managed to get some mowing of Hermes' paddock in yesterday before we went to Jabberwockeez because there will be no mowing around here for a couple of days, especially as the rain appears to be set-in now.

I took the four wheel drive to work today and it was quickly dubbed "The Beast" by our nurse/first aider who drives something just a bit bigger herself. It wasn't bad driving it in - although I did wonder how I was going to park it at Crestwood Plaza especially if the carpark was full. I had joked with S that while my image at work might change if I was seen at the wheel of a four wheel drive, it certainly would if I missed while I tried to manouevre into a parking spot and took out several vehicles. But that didn't happen, and it didn't happen when I went to the supermarket this afternoon. I would have been going into Broadbeach - which would have been even more "fun", but the dentist was sick and cancelled. I can't say that I wasn't relieved.

M took Mi to the airport this afternoon (she's off to Melbourne for a few days) and had been worried that the Friday traffic would make the trip to the airport difficult - but she needn't have worried because it seems that Mi has a way of charming the universe so the traffic parts and the airport queues dissipate as she approaches. Of course, that doesn't work for some of us who have to leave oodles of time to get there, checked in and drop off the luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment