Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tuesday

The Pump Man came ... finally ... he has been expected for a while. He had an offsider too and while you often see folk at Zarraffas wearing a badge that suggests they are in training, the offsider could have done with one. In the end he was assigned the role of turning the water on and off, to help with the work being done on the bore pump, but he didn't seem to be incredibly proficient at it - but I suppose we all had to start learning somewhere!

I was a bit disappointed with Lars this afternoon. After what seems like a couple of months of there being no car trouble (ever since I changed to high-octane fuel), as I came round the Gilston Road/Alexander Drive roundabout this evening, the car cut out ... without a hiccup or any warning at all. Luckily there was enough power to roll it out of the roundabout and to the side of the road - and I am still thanking my lucky stars that I had not tried to cut my way into the roundabout - it would have been very difficult if another car and I had been trying to occupy the same space at the same time. I was able to get Lars started again - several times - on the way home and I have now booked him back in to Frank the Mechanic to see if he can find the problem. I have decided that between now and the second week of May (the first available slot with Frank), with M's help and the loan of a vehicle, I am going to try not to drive Lars unless I have plenty of time (and more courage - because it can be pretty scary not knowing if/when the engine is going to cut out!).

The good news was that I was still home in time in case M needed me to drive Tink in to her vet's appointment - but M did make it and was on hand when the vet told her Tink's insulin dose was to increase again. Poor Tink.

Mind you, Tink wasn't the only one seeing the doctor today - and I also came home with the news that my meds would be changing!

And the Baffler answer: Passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment